FanDuel Sportsbook came to New Jersey in September 2018, following the overturning of the federal ban on sports betting. Although it can’t claim to be the original online sportsbook, that doesn’t mean it’s not the best. Backed by the European betting powerhouse Paddy Power Betfair, the FanDuel Sportsbook was always set to make a big impact on the sports betting market.
How to Register?
If you have a FanDuel DFS account, you can simply log in to the FanDuel Sportsbook by using your same username and password. If you need to set up a new account, follow these steps:
- Click ‘Join Now’ in the top right corner of the FanDuel Sportsbook homepage.
- Enter the required information, including your mailing address, date of birth, and Social Security number. These are required by law in order for FanDuel to verify each bettor’s identity.
- Confirm verification questions, including that you are over 21 years of age, and agree that your provided registration information is true and accurate.
- After your information has been verified, you will be able to sign in with your chosen details. At this point, you will be asked to download and install the GeoComply plugin, which detects your location. You will need to be within New Jersey state lines to place a bet.
Make Sportsbook Bets at FanDuel
After you have made your first deposit, you will be able to place a bet. Access your betting slip on the right side of the webpage or FanDuel mobile app, where you will be able to place bets, view active bets, and see your betting history.
First, you will need to decide which sport you’d like to make a wager on. Available sports include hockey, golf, baseball, basketball, football, tennis, and boxing. You can search for bets by selecting your chosen sport, by viewing popular bets, or upcoming games. To place your bet, simply select your game and click ‘More Wagers’ to view the betting options. Once you have selected your option, you need to enter the amount you want to bet on your betting slip, and finish by clicking ‘Place Bet.’
Another way to bet is by clicking on the tab labeled ‘Live’ at the top of the page. This will allow you to place in-game bets on games that have already started. You can access this popular feature on both the FanDuel Sportsbook website and on FanDuel iOS and FanDuel Android devices.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
Naturally, anyone looking to bet is likely interested in a mobile option. You’re in luck! The FanDuel Sportsbook app is available on the App Store for iOS users. Android users (and iOS) can also visit the FanDuel Sportsbook site and download the app directly from there.
There are numerous ways to make deposits on the FanDuel Sportsbook app and website, including:
- Visa/Mastercard credit and debit cards: This is a quick and convenient way to pay. Your issuing bank, however, may automatically block transactions that fall under online gaming.
- PayPal: Safe, secure, and simple to use, this payment method is the favorite of many users as most people already have a PayPal account set up.
- PayNearMe: This option allows you to pay in cash at a local CVS, Family Dollar, or 7-11 store. The daily limit is $500, and funds will be available in your account within 15 minutes.
- E-check: Using your bank account information, you can wire money directly to your FanDuel Sportsbook account. Funds will be available almost instantly.
- Postal Check: This option will obviously take longer for funds to show in your account, but you can mail your check or money order directly to the FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Prepaid Card: You can apply for a prepaid card on the FanDuel Sportsbook app or website and link your debit or credit card directly to it, using it as an intermediary if your usual card blocks online gaming transactions.
The FanDuel Sportsbook has a comprehensive customer support service with three avenues of communication, all of which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can access Live Chat on the homepage, where you’ll use an instant messenger widget to chat online to a customer support team member directly. This service is, unfortunately, suffering from fairly slow support times, but this is expected to be only a teething issue that will most likely improve in the coming months.
Email support is also available with surprisingly quick response times of only a few minutes. If you prefer a more personal approach, you can also reach the FanDuel Sportsbook customer support team on the phone by calling 877-689-0662.
FanDuel Review Conclusion
The FanDuel Sportsbook is sure to be a hit with sports bettors. Really, they offer excellent value on most wagers. Fans of moneyline bets will be hard pressed to find better pricing on any other New Jersey sports gaming site. The FanDuel Sportsbook even gives Las Vegas a run for its money in terms of value.
Also, betting variety at FanDuel Sportsbook is very impressive. Pre-match wagers for pro league games typically have several hundred betting options for each match. If you like a wide variety of betting options and enjoy getting creative with your betting, then you will love the FanDuel Sportsbook. However, what it lacks is a wide variety of sports coverage, so bettors of less common sports may find this sportsbook to be disappointing.
Likewise, the FanDuel Sportsbook website is easy to navigate, which helps anyone worrying it’s too complex to start betting. The desktop site also translates well to a mobile-friendly version. Plus, the app is streamlined and works great.
Lastly, cashing out is easy with FanDuel Sportsbook. There are numerous cashiering options available, so don’t sweat it. Also, PayPal is a bonus since this simple payment method is enormously popular. Now, one drawback regarding making deposits compared to other NJ sportsbooks is the lack of an option to make big deposits in person at a partner physical site. This is due to FanDuel partnering with the Meadowlands instead of an Atlantic City casino.