The FanDuel Sportsbook came to New Jersey in September 2018, just a few weeks after DraftKings was first to launch their sports bettings site following the overturning of the federal ban on sports betting. Although it can’t claim to be the original online sportsbook, that doesn’t mean it’s not the best. Backed by the European betting powerhouse Paddy Power Betfair, the FanDuel Sportsbook was always set to make a big impact on the sports betting market.
What is the FanDuel Offer?
|FanDuel Sportsbook:||January 2019 Offer|
|New Player Bonus:||Up to $500 free bet|
|Bonus Code:||None Required|
|Available on:||FanDuel Sportsbook App and Website|
|Last verified||February 19, 2019|
New users of the FanDuel Sportsbook can take advantage of a risk-free bet of up to $500. This offer is available for all new users as well as users of FanDuel DFS, who can simply port their account over to the FanDuel Sportsbook rather than having to set up a whole new account.
New users to the site simply need to sign up for an account by filling out the registration form. You can sign up via the FanDuel Sportsbook app or on the desktop website. Once you log in to your account, you then need to proceed in making an initial deposit and a real money wager. If your bet outcome is unsuccessful, you will be reimbursed up to the value of $500 within 72 hours of losing the bet. The money will be in the form of an on-site credit, which you can use to place more bets or withdraw and cash out after completing a one-time play-through requirement.
There are restrictions on which bets are eligible for the $500 risk-free bet bonus, the main one being that wagers on favorites with lines of -200 or shorter are not eligible to be reimbursed as part of the risk-free betting bonus. However, most types of bets do count towards the bonus requirements, such as money lines wagers and points spreads.
This bonus offer essentially gives anyone new to the FanDuel Sportsbook one free go at online betting. The only drawback is that if you win your first bet, then you won’t receive anything in the form of a bonus or signing up offer. You will, however, have made some money from your wager, so it really is a win-win situation.
If you have a FanDuel DFS account, you can simply log in to the FanDuel Sportsbook by using your same username and password. If you need to set up a new account, follow these steps:
How to Register?
- Click ‘Join Now’ in the top right corner of the FanDuel Sportsbook homepage.
- Enter the required information, including your mailing address, date of birth, and Social Security number. These are required by law in order for FanDuel to verify each bettor’s identity.
- Confirm verification questions, including that you are over 21 years of age, and agree that your provided registration information is true and accurate.
- After your information has been verified, you will be able to sign in with your chosen details. At this point, you will be asked to download and install the GeoComply plugin, which detects your location. You will need to be within New Jersey state lines to place a bet.
How to Make Sportsbook Bets at FanDuel?
After you have made your first deposit, you will be able to place a bet. Access your betting slip on the right side of the webpage or FanDuel mobile app, where you will be able to place bets, view active bets, and see your betting history.
First, you will need to decide which sport you’d like to make a wager on. Available sports include hockey, golf, baseball, basketball, football, tennis, and boxing. You can search for bets by selecting your chosen sport, by viewing popular bets, or upcoming games. To place your bet, simply select your game and click ‘More Wagers’ to view the betting options. Once you have selected your option, you need to enter the amount you want to bet on your betting slip, and finish by clicking ‘Place Bet.’
Another way to bet is by clicking on the tab labeled ‘Live’ at the top of the page. This will allow you to place in-game bets on games that have already started. You can access this popular feature on both the FanDuel Sportsbook website and on FanDuel iOS and FanDuel Android devices.
There are numerous ways to make deposits on the FanDuel Sportsbook app and website, including:
- Visa/Mastercard credit and debit cards: This is a quick and convenient way to pay. Your issuing bank, however, may automatically block transactions that fall under online gaming.
- PayPal: Safe, secure, and simple to use, this payment method is the favorite of many users as most people already have a PayPal account set up.
- PayNearMe: This option allows you to pay in cash at a local CVS, Family Dollar, or 7-11 store. The daily limit is $500, and funds will be available in your account within 15 minutes.
- Echeck: Using your bank account information, you can wire money directly to your FanDuel Sportsbook account. Funds will be available almost instantly.
- Postal Check: This option will obviously take longer for funds to show in your account, but you can mail your check or money order directly to the FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Prepaid Card: You can apply for a prepaid card on the FanDuel Sportsbook app or website and link your debit or credit card directly to it, using it as an intermediary if your usual card blocks online gaming transactions.
The FanDuel Sportsbook has a comprehensive customer support service with three avenues of communication, all of which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can access Live Chat on the homepage, where you’ll use an instant messenger widget to chat online to a customer support team member directly. This service is, unfortunately, suffering from fairly slow support times, but this is expected to be only a teething issue that will most likely improve in the coming months.
Email support is also available with surprisingly quick response times of only a few minutes. If you prefer a more personal approach, you can also reach the FanDuel Sportsbook customer support team on the phone by calling 877-689-0662.
FanDuel Review Conclusion
The FanDuel Sportsbook is sure to be a hit with sports bettors, offering vast betting variety as well as an excellent value on most wagers. Fans of money line bets will be hard pressed to find better pricing on any other New Jersey sports gaming site with the FanDuel Sportsbook even giving Las Vegas a run for its money in terms of value.
Betting variety on the FanDuel Sportsbook is very impressive. Pre-match wagers for pro league games typically have several hundred betting options for each match. If you like a wide variety of betting options and enjoy getting creative with your betting, then you will love the FanDuel Sportsbook. However, what it lacks is a wide variety of sports coverage, so bettors of less common sports may find this sportsbook to be disappointing.
The FanDuel Sportsbook website is easy to navigate and intuitive to use, which will be a relief for any new users who might be put off by complex or intimidating sportsbooks. The desktop website also translates well to the mobile-friendly site and the app. You can download FanDuel on both iOS and Android devices, making it easily accessible for pretty much any smartphone user.
Cashing in and out is easy on the FanDuel Sportsbook with numerous cashiering options being available. The use of PayPal is a bonus, especially, as this instant and simple to use payment method is already enormously popular. One drawback regarding making deposits compared to other NJ sportsbooks is the lack of an option to make big deposits in person at a partner physical site. This is due to the land partner of the FanDuel Sportsbook being the Meadowlands racetrack instead of an Atlantic City casino.